Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Effie's Heart Beats Indie and Modern Retro Fashion!

“Oh, my! What this woman can do with a pair of scissors, a little thread, some material and a great imagination.”

California indie designer Kimo; founder of Effie’s Heart uses vintage and modern inspiration to create effortless and beautiful styles. Rockabilly, retro, swing dance and even modern style… Kimo’s clothing is affordable, comfortable and glamorous.




Effie’s Heart favors flirty dresses, vintage trousers and gorgeous tops. With that said, we at Get Go Retro are so excited about this wonderful vintage inspired line of clothing, that we asked Kimo if we could offer her clothing in our boutique.

Kimo was kind enough to send me the Comfy 7 Year Itch Skirt, which is fabulous. A 12 gored skirt with front pockets, fitted at the waist with a full fluted hem. And, I can “twirl” with great results : ) Paired with the feminine scoop neck Silvana top. It’s dressy. It’s every day wear. And, it’s classy.

I love Kimo’s incorporation of some of the Old Hollywood glamour pieces. For instance, the “Garbo Pants.” Garbo's personal style consisted of men's clothes. This included tailored shirts, silk ties and pajama pants. So it’s fabulous to see her style reflected in the trousers.

A little history; Kimo was inspired by her Aunt Effie, whom she never met but who her mother told her stories about when she was a child:

“My mother was very poor in Tulsa Oklahoma during her youth in the 1950’s. My Aunt Effie was my mother’s salvation during her rough child hood. Aunt Effie was loving, creative, and fun. She had a great sense of style and never left the house without red lipstick and being dressed to the nines. She helped my mother and my mother’s sisters make crafts and sell them to make extra money for the family. My Aunt Effie played the guitar and inspired my mother to sing. I named the line after my Aunt Effie because I want my clothing to represent what my Aunt Effie represented to her family and friends: good times, good fun, living life to its fullest, and encouragement. When I’m designing I make sure that the clothing and accessories fit this criterion by creating unique, comfortable, fun clothing which makes you feel confident and beautiful.”

If you are looking for a little glamour, comfort; and vintage inspired fashion with a modern edge, you’ll love Effie’s Heart. And, Kimo said, “Yes, we can sell her line.” Find a great selection at Get Go Retro.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment